keskiviikko 3. elokuuta 2016

My Underwater World


Welcome to my underwater world! I started this blog in July in Finnish, my native language. Most of the posts will probably be in Finnish also in the future, but I thought every once in a while I could also write something in English. After all, scuba diving is a worldwide pasttime and all of my diving takes place somewhere far away from home. I've met many great fellow divers on these travels and would like to share some of my thoughts and experiences with them, too.

I started scuba diving in winter 2012 in Phuket, Thailand, where I did my Open Water Diver vourse. Since then I've also done the Advanced Open Water Diver and Rescue Diver courses in the PADI certification system. Currently I have 125 dives inmy log book, most recent ones this summer in Malta. I've dived in seas belonging to the Indian, Pacific and Atlantic oceans, in seven different countries: Thailand, Spain, Indonesia, Bonaire, Curacao, Philippines and Malta. Although the Baltic sea lies closest to my heart, I don't dive here in my native Finland. The waters are too cold and visibilty too dark for me. I am a typical vacation diver.

My approach in this blog will not be very technical or scientific. The stories will be more about my experiences, feelings and new things I've learned, from a personal perspective. I am going to write about the travels, places, courses, details, fun tips and my thoughts. So the blog will not be a diving manual, please find them at more professional websites. It's probably also clear, that no-one can learn to dive by reading my blog. That has to be done in professional guidance, at a scuba diving course.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences with this great hobby with you! :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti